Labels are additional information tags that you can optionally employ at the report level to categorise reports. They could be useful for analysis and reporting purposes, especially when Expense Categories and user Groups do not sufficiently differentiate the expenditures. For instance, where there are multiple trip and expense reports relating to the same event, project, or activity, tagging each of the reports with a label for the event would enable easy retrieval of all trip and expense reports tagged for easy planning and accounting.
Here are some examples of labels that you could explore creating for better tracking and reporting of data.
Label Name: [Project Name] - [Year]
e.g. Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Company Annual Offsite - 2020
- To track staff activity and participation for a recurring project or event, specifically for a stated year
- To track expenses for a specific project or event
Label Name: [Customer Name] / [Purpose] - [Customer Name]
e.g. The Coca-Cola Company, Sales - The Coca-Cola Company, Rebranding campaign - ABC Corp
- To track expenses for a particular customer
- To track expense by business functions for a particular customer
Label Name: [Purpose] - [Specification]
e.g. Hiring - Senior Software Engineer, Staff Welfare - Company Retreat
- To track expenses for a particular function or activity
As an admin, you will be able to filter and view expenses tagged under each label on the Insights page.
If you are a company admin and have yet to create any Labels, find out how to create Labels here.
Get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need any help.