There are 2 types of expenses that a user can choose to create:
- Actual expenses
Expenses as incurred, based on invoices/receipts
- Per diem expenses
Daily allowances given to travellers to cover travel expenses
Create a per diem expense
- Sign in to your Navisteps account
- Go to Reports -> My Reports
- Click on an existing report or click on the add (+) button to create a new report
- If it is a new report, set a name for your report and select the Attendees involved
- On the report page, click on the add (+) button, followed by Expense to add a new expense
- Click on the Per Diem tab
- Fill in the required information. Learn more about the expense fields below
- Click Save to finish
After you are done adding all your expense, learn how to submit them for approval here!
Per diem expense fields and what they mean
Attach an invoice/receipt or other supporting documents (Optional)
- Click on the attachment area to attach a file from your local drive or take a picture from your camera
- Click on Upload more files if you have more than 1 file to attach for this expense item
- Toggle between uploaded attachments using the green arrows on either side of the attachment preview
- Click on the delete icon to remove an attachment
Type and select the names of users for whom this per diem expense is being claimed.
Select from the drop-down menu an expense category that is appropriate for the per diem allowance you are claiming for.
Expense categories are defined by the company admin user and is unique for each company. Users in the same company may also see different expense categories if they are under different expense policies. Contact your manager or admin if you are not sure which category an expense falls under.
If you are an admin user, learn how to create or edit expense categories here.
First, select from the drop-down menu a budget policy that applies to the per diem allowance you are claiming for. After that, fill in the corresponding number of days for which you are claiming the allowance.
As an example, your company may have defined different per diem allowance amounts for travel in various geographical regions such as Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas. In this case, if you are claiming allowances for travel to Japan, you would select the allowance budget for Asia.
When applying for the per diem allowance, be sure to select the appropriate budget according to your company's practices. Contact your manager or admin if you are not sure which budget you should be selecting for your per diem allowances.
This refers to the first date that you are entitled to the per diem allowance that you are claiming for.
For instance, if you have indicated 10 days under the Per Diem field, with 01 July 2020 in the Start Date field, you are effectively claiming for per diem allowance for the 10-day period of 01 July 2020 to 10 July 2020, both start and end dates inclusive.
Use this to elaborate on the relevant travel locations for your per diem claim, or input any note or further details you may need to provide to your manager and finance teams - this is entirely up to you!
Get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need any help.